The objective of the EUROPEAN PHOTOCHEMISTRY ASSOCIATION
is to promote the development of photochemistry in Europe and contacts among photochemists. The Association is concerned with various experimental and theoretical aspects of the interaction of light with molecular systems, ranging from basic knowledge and practical know-how in photochemistry to application in areas such as chemical synthesis, electronics, material science, nanotechnology, biology and medicine.
The objectives of the EPA are currently pursued by:
- the ownership and publication of the peered-reviewed scientific journal "Photochemical and Photobiological Sciences"
- the publication of the "EPA Newsletter"
- the award of a Prize for PhD Thesis in Photochemistry
- the organisation of summer schools on selected aspects and the active involvement in international symposia and conferences
- offering its members a discussion forum and information exchange via its website and e-mailing list
- collaborating with Photochemistry Commission of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry and sister scientific societies to foster intercontinental cooperation
Statutes of EPA